Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Arrivals

I'm so excited for our friends Tim and Abby. Their son Ethan Robert has arrived. He's such a cutie. Looking at their pictures, it reminds me of the day JJ was born. I was really pretty lucky in that I didn't have a ton of pain and my labor was pretty short. Don't get me wrong, once things got going, it hurt like hell, but I was relatively lucky. In the end, it's all worth it when you get to hold that new little life in your arms. There's nothing like holding a tiny baby. Now, he's getting so big. I'm so proud of how he's grown and the things he's learning. It's a feeling a person really just doesn't understand until they become a parent. You know, I always disliked hearing people say that. There are so many things you can have an understanding of without experiencing it personally. Loving a child is one of those things that is so profound that you really don't understand the depth of it until it happens to you. Seeing a new baby is a reminder of all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment