Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More counting and letters!

JJ's getting pretty good with counting and letters. I have to say that I don't think it's because I'm doing all that much with to teach him. I think it actually has more to do with PBS on in the background while he's playing. He knows most of his letters and not just in order of the alphabet song which means that he's really recognizing them. He counts to 5 and recognizes all single digits (though some of them are hit and miss on remembering what they are called). Jim and I discovered that spelling "paci" is not going to be a good way to talk about his paci without him getting the idea that he needs it right then. We'll have to start spelling the whole word because he now recognizes that combination of letters. Granted they sound similar to the word as it is said, but that's still pretty good for a two year old! He's also finally showing an interest in books which he never really did before. I still can't sit and read a book to him without him insisting on turning the page before I'm done reading a sentence! And that's with me reading fast. It's still better than when he wouldn't even let me open a book!

1 comment: